Thursday, January 26, 2023


 

Hi,

I am currently reading, and savoring, this special all-LGBTQ double-issue of Chiron Review. Great issue!  And I'm not just saying that because I have two poems in there. :-)  And yes, that nude photo on the cover is of Jean-Michel Basquiat.

This special double-issue weighs in at a whopping 366 pages. I'm about half-way through, and I'm sure I'll still be reading for a while. Like I said, I'm savoring every page. This poem is one of my special favorites so far. It appears on page 172.

***********************************


June 23, 1991

"I've been having wet dreams
lately," Frank says over
tandoori chicken and curried
potatoes.
"I've never had one," I say
chewing saffron rice.
"It's inconvenient. I'm afraid
I'll impregnate my sheets and
have little cotton napkins
running all over the place."


--Michael Gregg Michaud


***********************************


Yes, that poem elicited many chuckles!
:-)   

This special double-issue of Chiron Review is available from Amazon.  Here's the link:


https://www.amazon.com/Chiron-Review-Issue-Winter-Spring/dp/1387455036/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1MJABQSS01DC&keywords=chiron+review+%23128%2F129&qid=1673161489&sprefix=chiron+review+128%2F129%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-1

Best wishes,

Carl Miller Daniels

 

 

 

 

No comments: